Redeemer is partnering with Josiah Venture and Daniel Eifling in POLAND!!
From Josiah Venture: Summer Mission Trips and English Camps are one of the greatest tools to provide opportunities to grow in relationship with God and with each other in the context of learning English. Although Poland is very religious, and most Poles consider themselves Catholic, the evangelical church is quite small - only 0.2% of the population. English Camps are a vital tool in bringing the gospel to the youth in a relevant and relaxed environment.
What are we going to be doing?:
We will be partnered with a polish church to put on an English language camp that has heavy Gospel components. Each morning will be English classes, lead by our team, the afternoons will be typical summer camp activities, every night we will have a gathering with games, worship, and a Gospel message. Every trip participant will be expected to share the Gospel, either in small conversations, or in large group settings, depending on gifting.
December - Informational Meeting
January - Registrations, due by the end of the month
Spring - Team Meetings and Prep, Fundraising
July - Go to Poland!
July 7 - Depart Houston
July 8 - Arrival in Northern Poland
July 9-10 - In country orientation
July 11-16 - English Camp
July 18 - Debriefing
July 19 - Depart Poland
Cost per participant:
$800 towards Josiah Venture for all in country costs (lodging, food, travel)
$1000 airfare (This could go up or down, we would need to work with a travel agent)
$60-80 travel insurance
$100 supplies and materials, including pre-trip training
TOTAL: $2000 per participant (with a $100 deposit due asap)
Open to everyone 16 and up (required to bring 1 adult for every 2-3 students).
Valid Passport that expires AFTER January 2023
Covid Vaccination (Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca, Janssen)
Negative Covid test 3 days before departure
- History: Poland’s history as a state began near the middle of the 10th century. By the mid-16th century, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth ruled a vast tract of land in Central and Eastern Europe. During the 18th century, internal disorders weakened the nation, and in a series of agreements between 1772 and 1795, Russia, Prussia, and Austria partitioned Poland among themselves. Poland became a Soviet satellite state following World War II. Free elections in 1989 and 1990 brought the communist era to a close.
- Population: 38.2 million
- Language: Polish (official) 98.2%, Silesian 1.4%, other 1.1%, unspecified 1.3% (2011 est.)
- Religion: Catholic 85.9% , Orthodox 1.3% (almost all are Polish Autocephalous Orthodox), Protestant 0.4%
- Take some time to pray about your participation. It’s very important that you pray with your family about going. Ask God some specific questions, be willing to wait for the answers.:
- God, is there any reason I should not go on this trip?
- Is my heart in the right place? Do I feel a burden for the people of Poland who are far from you?
- What is hindering my desire to go on this trip? Are there things I need to let go of?
- Registrations will begin in January of 2022. You will be able to sign-up by filling out the form below. They will be due by the end of the month with a non-refundable deposit which can be made using the button below.
- If you signup, there will be required training meetings to prepare- you will need to commit to being at them!
- All trip participants will be expected to help with fundraising, regardless of if you pay the full cost of the trip yourself.
- Read back through all the details of the trip, make sure you’re comfortable with all of them.
- For more information about Josiah Venture, check out https://www.josiahventure.com/mission-trips
- Contact Mike Henry with any further questions, cell: 712-574-6860, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign-up with the form below!